- Pivacy Notice
- 1. What information do we collect
- 2. How do we use your information?
- 3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
- 5. How do we manage your social network access data?
- 6. Is your information transferred internationally?
- 7. How long do we keep your data?
- 8. How do we maintain the security of your information?
- 9. Do we collect information from minors?
- 10. What are your privacy rights?
- 11. Controls for non-monitoring functions
- 12. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- 13. Is this notice updated?
- 14. How can you contact us regarding this notice?
- 15. How can you review, update or delete the information we collect from you?
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Hirebook Technologies Inc. doing business as Hirebook ("Hirebook", "we", "us", "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or about our practices with respect to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website https://www.hirebook.com (the "Website"), and more generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website), we thank you for trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy seriously. In this privacy notice, we try to explain as clearly as possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you will take the time to read it carefully, as it is important. If there is anything in this privacy notice with which you do not agree, please stop using our services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our services (which, as described above, includes our website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect the personal information you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, when you express interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Website (for example, by posting messages in our online forums or entering contests, sweepstakes or sweepstakes) or when you contact us.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, job titles, user names, passwords, contact preferences, contact or authentication data, billing addresses, debit/credit card numbers and other similar information.
Payment Information. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe. You can find the link to their privacy notice here: https://stripe.com/privacy.
Social Media Access Data. We may offer you the option to register with us using your social media account data, such as your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section entitled "HOW WE PROCESS YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA LOGIN DATA" below.
All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Automatically collected information
In short: Certain information - such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or the characteristics of your browser and device - is automatically collected when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or browse the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website, and other technical information. This information is necessary primarily to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal reporting and analysis purposes.
Like many companies, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information that our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and that we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, as well as information about your activity on the website (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you perform, such as the features you use), information about device events (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware configuration).
- Device Data. We collect device data, such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about the location of your device, which may be accurate or inaccurate. The amount of information we collect depends on the type and configuration of the device you use to access the website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You may opt out of allowing us to collect this information by either declining access to the information or disabling the location settings on your device. Please note, however, that if you opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
Information gathered from other sources
In summary: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms and other external sources.
In order to enhance our ability to provide you with relevant marketing, offers and services and to update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, as well as other third parties. This information includes postal addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs, and personalized profiles, for the purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion. If you interact with us on a social media platform using your social media account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), we receive personal information about you such as your name, email address and gender. The personal information we collect from your social media account depends on the privacy settings of your social media account.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In summary: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, performance of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected through our website for a number of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate business interests, to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with our legal obligations. We set out below the specific processing grounds on which we rely in conjunction with each purpose.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate the account creation and login process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process for contract performance. See the section entitled "HOW WE MANAGE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for more information.
- Posting testimonials. We post testimonials on our website that may contain personal information. Before posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update or remove your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, location of the testimonial and contact information.
- Soliciting Feedback. We may use your information to solicit feedback and contact you about your use of our website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information to manage our account and keep it up and running.
- To send you administrative information. We may use your personal data to send you information about products, services and new features and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To protect our services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the information we have to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns and exchanges made through the website.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests. We may use your information to administer sweepstakes and contests when you choose to enter our contests.
- To offer and facilitate the provision of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries and provide assistance. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and resolve any potential problems you may have with your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you submit to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when you express interest in obtaining information about us or our website, subscribe to marketing or otherwise contact us, we will collect personal information from you. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time (see "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?" section below).
- To provide you with targeted advertising. We may use your information to develop and display customized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide services to you, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share the data we hold based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us your specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal data in order to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information when we are legally compelled to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content on the website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the website, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly available outside of the website in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our website and register on our website through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile picture and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to see descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our website and view your profile.
5. HOW DO WE MANAGE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK ACCESS DATA?
In summary: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our website offers you the possibility to register and log in using your third-party social media account data (such as your Facebook or Twitter login data). If you choose to do so, we will receive certain information about your profile from your social network provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider in question, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on that social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes described in this privacy notice or as otherwise disclosed to you on the applicable website. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In short: We may transfer, store and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you access our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed by us at our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?" above), in the United States and in other countries.
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), these countries may not necessarily have data protection or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. Nevertheless, we will take all necessary steps to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Binding corporate standards:
These include a set of Binding Corporate Rules ("BCRs") established and implemented by Hirebook Technologies Inc. Our BCRs have been recognized by the EEA and UK data protection authorities as providing an adequate level of protection for the personal information we process internationally. A copy of our BCRs can be found here: http://www.hirebook.com/terms.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
In summary: We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless otherwise required by law.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set forth in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). None of the purposes of this notice will require us to retain your personal information for more than thirty-six (36) months after the termination of the user's account.
Where we have no legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup files), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further processing until such time as deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE MAINTAIN THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: Our goal is to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber criminals or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the website in a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In short: We do not knowingly collect or market data from children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly solicit or market to children under the age of 18. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or that you are the parent or guardian of such minor and consent to such dependent minor's use of the Website. If we learn that personal data has been collected from users under the age of 18, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware that we have collected data from children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In summary: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, modify or cancel your account at any time.
In some regions (such as the EEA and the UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right to (i) request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information; (ii) request rectification or erasure; (iii) restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act on any such request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to your withdrawal, nor the processing of your personal information carried out on the basis of lawful grounds of processing other than consent.
If you are resident in the EEA or the UK and believe that we are unlawfully processing your personal data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you reside in Switzerland, the contact details of the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time you wish to review or change your account information or cancel your account, you may do so:
- Access your account settings and update your user account.
- Please contact us using the contact information provided.
How to unsubscribe from email marketing: You may unsubscribe from our email marketing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send you or by contacting us using the details below. However, we may continue to communicate with you, for example, to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To opt-out otherwise, you may do so:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
- Please contact us using the contact information provided.
11. CONTROLS FOR NON-MONITORING FUNCTIONS
Most web browsers and some operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting that you can enable to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this time, a uniform technological standard for recognizing and applying DNT signals has not been established. Therefore, we do not currently respond to browser DNT signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you of that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In summary: Yes, if you are a California resident, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the categories of personal information (if any) that we disclose to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California and have a registered account on the website, you have the right to request deletion of unwanted data that you post on the website. To request deletion of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will ensure that the data is not publicly displayed on the website, but please note that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all of our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines "resident" as:
(1) any individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) any natural person domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California on a temporary or transient basis
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents".
If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must respect certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
Over the past twelve (12) months we have collected the following categories of personal information:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, contact telephone or cell phone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet protocol address, e-mail address and account name
B. Categories of personal information listed in the California customer records statute.
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
C. Classification characteristics protected under Californian or federal law.
Sex and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprinting and voiceprinting
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Sound, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information.
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or job-related information
Company contact details so that we can offer you our services at company level, position, as well as employment history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us.
J. Information on education
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences made from any of the collected personal data listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual's preferences and characteristics
We may also collect other personal data outside of these categories where you interact with us in person, online or by telephone or mail in the context of:
- Receive help through our customer service channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- To facilitate the provision of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
You can find more information about our data collection and sharing practices in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, or by using the contact information at the end of this document.
If you use an authorized agent to exercise your opt-out right, we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not provide proof that it has been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes information on our behalf.
We may use your personal data for our own business purposes, such as conducting internal research for technology development and demonstration. This is not considered "selling" your personal data.
Hirebook Technologies Inc. has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes in the past 12 months. Hirebook Technologies Inc. will not in the future sell personal information pertaining to web site visitors, users and other consumers.
Your rights regarding your personal data
Right to request deletion of data - Request for deletion
You may request deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will honor your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of their right to freedom of expression, our compliance requirements arising from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be necessary to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed - Request for information
Depending on the circumstances, you have the right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information we collect;
- the purposes for which the personal information collected is used;
- if we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed for marketing purposes;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for commercial purposes; and
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not required to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to nondiscrimination in the exercise of the consumer's right to privacy
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receipt of your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine that you are the same person about whom we have information in our system. These verification tasks require us to ask you for information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided to us. For example, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with information we already have on file, or we may contact you via a method of communication (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other methods of verification depending on the circumstances.
We will only use the personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or your authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid asking you for additional information for verification purposes. However, if we are unable to verify your identity from the information we already maintain, we may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity, and for security or fraud prevention purposes. We will delete such additional information as soon as we finish verifying it.Other privacy rights
- You can object to the processing of your personal data you may request the rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or request that the processing of the data be restricted
- You may appoint an authorized agent to make an application on your behalf under the CCPA. We may deny an application by an authorized agent who fails to provide evidence that he or she has been validly authorized to act on your behalf under the CCPA.
- You may request to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information to third parties. When we receive an opt-out request, we will respond to it as soon as possible, but no later than 15 days from the date the request is submitted.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the end of this document. If you have any complaints about the processing of your data, we would like to hear from you.
13. IS THIS NOTICE UPDATED?
In summary: Yes, we will update this notice when necessary to continue to comply with applicable laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revision" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you by posting a notice of such changes in a prominent location or by sending you a notice directly. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to stay informed about how we are protecting your information.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US REGARDING THIS NOTICE?
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, you may send us an e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at
Hirebook Technologies Inc.
1624 Market St
Denver, CO 80202
15. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Depending on the applicable law in your country, you may have the right to request access to, change or delete the personal information we collect from you in some circumstances. To request to review, update or delete your personal information, please visit https://www.hirebook.com.